Straight from SOLES Global

Bonjour,
As you know, one of requirements for all SOLES graduate programs is that we all have an international academic experience. My name is Corinne, I am from France, and I work at the SOLES Global Center, located next to Bert’s cafe. First I would love for you to come and say hi next time you are in the building!
Now, I am here to convince you that the trips the Global Center offers are one of a kind experiences. This year, students have had the opportunity to travel to Sri Lanka, Bali, Spain, Kenya, England, Japan and many other destinations. Now you might think: “ Wait a minute, I cannot afford to travel, what am I going to do?” Do not worry: the units for Global Center trips are discounted to $700 per unit. Also, think of it as a once in a life-time experience and great investment. You get to travel with peers and teachers and learn in a new environment. The experiences are richer than I can even describe. Trust me! I went to Africa for my requirement and it was life changing in so many ways. Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 9.25.08 AM
If you are not able to travel, however, there are other options available to help you meet your international requirement, though any alternative must be discussed and approved by your faculty advisor. Come see us! My advice: You are in graduate school enjoy the ride and ride the wave even if it takes you out of your comfort zone! That is the point and there are valuable lessons to be learned in stepping out of our personal boundaries.
A bientôt
Corinne
To read about other students’ Global Study experiences, look at posts tagged “Global Study“.