Below is a list of Fall 2023 courses offered by the School of Leadership and Education Sciences (SOLES) that is open to Kroc Students.
Electives are chosen in consultation with the faculty advisor. No more than 6 units of course work may be taken outside of the Kroc School.
LEAD 501 – NONPROFIT SECTOR: THEORY & PRACTICE (3 units)
LEAD 533 – FOUNDATIONS OF LEADERSHIP COACHING (3 units)
LEAD 545 – SURVEY OF LEADERSHIP THEORIES (3 units)
LEAD 550 – INTEGRAL LEADERSHIP THEORY (3 units)
LEAD 559 – ORGANIZATIONAL THEORY AND CHANGE (3 units)
LEAD 579 – LEADERSHIP AND NEGOTIATIONS (3 units)
LEAD 569 – MAKING MEANING OF THE COLLEGIATE EXPERIENCE (3 units)
LEAD 571 – HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHY OF HIGHER ED (3 units)
If a student is interested in taking a course at SOLES, they would need to follow this process:
- Follow your program’s advising process first.
- Use the “Search for Classes” to look for offerings.
- During a registration period, you can attempt to add the class.
- If it works, great! Now: Reach out to the instructor to introduce yourself and let them know what program you are in and why you want to take the class. This is to ensure that there are not any “hidden” prerequisites or experience expectations and that you will be set up for success!
- If registration is blocked, email Beth Garofalo (email@example.com) to request permission and how to register. Registration may or may not ultimately be possible. She may need to put you in contact with an instructor, program director, or dean.