The Kroc Ambassador Program is an opportunity for USD Kroc School students to use their leadership, communications, and networking skills to advance the reputation and recruitment efforts of the Kroc School. Kroc Ambassadors are responsible for representing the Kroc School on campus and in the community-at-large, coordinating recruitment events, and being promoters of the school to current and prospective students.
Commitment and Responsibilities
- Assist with community building, retention efforts, and recruitment of new students
- Provide ideas and leadership in the area of professional and career development programs and events
- Ambassadors serve as a resource to current, prospective, and admitted students
- Assist the communications and marketing teams with social media content creation and distribution
- Assist in the creation and facilitation of professional development, informational, and recruitment events
- Consult on ways the program can better serve prospective and current students during the year and the summer
- Attending bi-weekly staff meetings and trainings (~8 total/semester)
- Willing to work 1-2 hours or longer for special events
- Be a good role model to prospective and current students with a positive outlook about university life and the Kroc School
- Respond to questions quickly and efficiently
- Adopt a mature and professional approach to conversations
- Current (or admitted) Kroc School student
- Must be able to commit on average 1-3 hours per week (including daytime, evenings, and weekends, 40 hours a semester)
- Must be able to attend bi-weekly meetings and trainings
- Minimum 3.0 GPA for new students; current students must be in good academic standing
What are the benefits of getting involved?
- Stipend: $1,296/semester for tuition
- Leadership training, cultural exchange and exploration
- Event planning, marketing and public speaking experience
- Forging relationships with staff, faculty and other stakeholders
- Creating a more informed, diverse and well-rounded Kroc School student body
The application deadline is Friday, September 8, 2023, at 11:59 PM PT.