Delancey Showers-Personal Profile

My name is Delancey Showers and I am from Philadelphia, PA. (TTP)  I have two older sisters, one who attends Penn State University, and one who is a high school english and history teacher. I attended an all girls catholic high school, which was right next to my grade cool, and 10 minutes from my house. I come from a big, close family and group of friends; however, going to school in San Diego has been a dream of mine since I was younger and it is my first time living away from home.

A couple of things that I am most excited about at USD is exploring San Diego, meeting new and different people, community service, studying abroad, and figuring out what I want to do with my life. Some things that I love to do on my own free time is exercise, read, go to the beach, hike (could not do much of that in Philly), read, and listen to music. I love concerts, food festivals, and anything that gets me involved with the culture of the city.

I am planning on majoring in International Business, but that will probably change. I have always preferred my english and history classes over maths and sciences, and that is why I am super excited for this class and to learn and research about a broad area of topics. I hope to leave this class being a more informed person and having a well rounded knowledge of other people, places, topics, etc.

One thought on “Delancey Showers-Personal Profile

1. Glad you’re excited for this class because I’m not. That’s cool that you’ve always wanted to go to school in San Diego, I had no clue where I wanted to go until recently. I went to Catholic school from K-8 luckily it wasn’t all boys though.