The Global Center is pleased to announce the Global Studies Scholar Award. This new scholarship is for students identifying as BIPOC and students with limited travel experience. Awards will be applied to courses offered through the Global Center which fulfill the international requirement. To apply for this award, click here. Applications are due Friday, September 25, 2020. For more information, please review the website.
The Global Center will be offering one (1) course during Intersession 2021, seven (7) courses in Spring 2021, and six (6) courses during Summer 2021. Course details are included below.
While we remain optimistic, due to the ongoing global health crisis, we suggest reviewing the course backup plans should travel restrictions remain. Backup plans are specific to each course and can be found on each course website. Additionally, we recommend attending the course information sessions for more details. Information session dates and zoom links are listed below.
The intersession application window is open now and closes on Tuesday, September 29th. Apply Here
The spring application window opens on Monday, October 5, 2020 at 12:00pm and the deadline to apply is Monday, October 26, 2020 at 11:59pm. To be considered for acceptance, your online application must be complete by this date. Applicants will be notified of acceptance by November 5, 2020.
Course registration will be prioritized by Graduation Term and on a first come, first served basis. To apply for a course go to https://gointernational.sandiego.edu/
Intersession 2021 Apply Now
LEAD 568i – Global Perspectives in Higher Education
Spring 2021 Application Window
- LEAD 623i / EDUC 511i – Education Systems in Post-Conflict Environments
- Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Course Website
- Instructors: Dr. Lea Hubbard & Dean Linda Dews
- Information Session: Wednesday, September 30th from 4:00pm-5:00pm via Zoom https://sandiego.zoom.us/j/98871414440
- Backup Plan: Course will be taught online, fulfill the international requirement, discounted tuition rates will still apply
- EDUC 579i – Education in Post-Colonial Contexts
- MFTS 541i – Systemic Treatment of Children
- Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland & Dublin, Ireland
- Course Website
- Instructors: Dr. Ann Garland & Dr. Florencia Lebensohn-Chialvo
- Information Session: Monday, September 28th from 4:00pm-5:00pm via Zoom https://sandiego.zoom.us/j/95304708792
- Backup Plan: Course will be converted to a regular on campus section and follow the regular tuition rates.
- COUN 547i – Risk Assessment and Trauma Interventions
COUN 536i – Applied Theories and Teachings for Counseling in School Settings
COUN 590Fi – Fieldwork in School Settings
Location: Santiago, Chile
Instructors: Dr. Catherine Griffith
Information Session: Held with COUN 536i on Wednesday, September 30th from 12:00pm-1:00pm via Zoom https://sandiego.zoom.us/j/96906082775
Backup Plan: Course will be converted to a regular on campus section and follow the regular tuition rates.
COUN 550i – Couples and Sex
Please visit the SOLES Global Center Course webpage for additional information.
Should you have any question regarding the application process, please email email@example.com. Additionally, please feel free to reach out to the program advisor or course instructor with any questions pertaining to the Global Course.
The Global Center
School of Leadership and Education Sciences
University of San Diego