Jump!

A blog post from SOLES MA in Nonprofit Leadership and Management Ambassador, Gail Wingfield:
I graduated from college a long, long time ago, way before laptop computers and cell phones. Since then my life has unfolded in ways I could not have anticipated. I have explored the depths of myself as well as exotic places like India. I taught meditation, raised a family and have spent over twenty years working for a nonprofit dedicated to presenting live theater to the San Diego community. When a group of passionate individuals work to bring a production to the stage there is rarely a dull moment, and yet a few years ago I started to take stock of my life and ask myself, “Is this it? What other options do I have?”
I’ll be honest. At first, going back to school did not enter my mind. When I heard about SOLES and started to consider the possibility, trepidation arose. Am I too old to go back to school? What if I don’t get accepted? What if I get in, but can’t handle the challenge? How am I going to pay for it? Then a video by Steve Harvey popped up on Facebook. He said, you have to jump in order to soar. Those words hit home. I submitted my application and have never looked back. The program has already given me so much, with more to come. Returning to school was one of the best decisions I ever made. For anyone hesitating to apply, you can do it! It won’t be easy, but it will be rewarding. Jump!
Gail.png

One thought on “Jump!