Makenzie Nickel

My name is Rebecca “Makenzie” Nickel. I am from Tulsa, Oklahoma, and I went to Cascia Hall, which is a Catholic college preparatory high school. I was required to do a lot of writing in high school, including various research papers and a final thesis. In this course, I hope to gain more experience, skill, and confidence in writing effectively about a variety of topics to many different audiences. I also hope to learn new techniques to approach different styles of writing. I tend to over-explain topics when I write about them, so I want to work on ways to clearly and concisely present my ideas.

2 thoughts on “Makenzie Nickel

1. Hello Makenzie, I think it’s very interesting that you were required to write a final thesis for your high school, and I definitely think that all of your writing experience will pay off in this class. Being from San Diego, I think it’s amazing that you came here all the way from Oklahoma, and I hope that the trip will be worth it. Something I am curious about is what are you planning on studying? Whatever it is, I agree with you in hoping that this class will help prepare me for all of the different types of papers that will surely come in the future.