Graduate Assistantship at SOLES

Meaghan and friend

A blog post from SOLES MA in Marital and Family Therapy Ambassador Meaghan Kalafut

Hello everyone,

My name is Meaghan Kalafut. I am working towards obtaining my Master’s in Marital and Family Therapy. I will graduate in the Summer of 2020! I know that graduation will be bittersweet considering I will miss my experiences studying and working at USD and simultaneously be excited for what is yet to come.

In addition to studying at USD, I have had the opportunity to work under Dr. Florencia Lebensohn-Chialvo as her graduate assistant. So far this is my favorite part of graduate school. I am passionate about the research we are working on that focuses on diversifying the behavioral health workforce. I also enjoy the behind the scenes work I get to be a part of- such as preparing for events on campus or administrative work. I like the diversity of tasks I complete.

What I like most about my graduate assistantship are the people I get to work alongside each day. The SOLES faculty and staff are positive and encouraging people!

I am thankful for this opportunity to share my experience as a GA at USD. I am open to any questions new students or potential applicants have! Please find my contact information on the USD SOLES Ambassador website.

Thanks for your time!

Meaghan