University of San Diego CalTPA credential areas*:
- Multiple Subjects
- Single Subject English
- Single Subject Mathematics
- Single Subject Science
- Single Subject Social Science
- Single Subject World Languages
- Education Specialist (CalTPA requirement beginning in Fall 2022)
General Education Student Teaching and Education Specialist Student Teaching will include a bi-weekly Seminar meeting time which will include CalTPA workshops and preparation.
Free CalTPA Workshops
CalTPA Video Consent Forms
Performance assessment consisting of two instructional cycles:
- Instructional Cycle 1: Learning About Students and Planning Instruction
- Instructional Cycle 2: Assessment-Driven Instruction
- Cycle 1: $150
- Cycle 2: $150
- You will see these fees charged by USD with your EDTE 553 (General Education Student Teaching) course and will be provided with registration codes.
- Review complete fee and payment policy information.
- Scores are available at 10 p.m. Pacific time on the results reporting dates schedule.
- When you register, you must agree to abide by all program rules and policies.
- View the preparation materials available for this assessment
- You will also gain access to preparation materials during your Seminar course.
*Translations are NOT required for the following:
- concurrent Bilingual Authorization candidates who are in a placement where a language other than English is exclusively used for instruction, or who are in a placement where both English and another language are used for instruction
NOTE: Analysis and reflection narratives must be primarily in English
- candidates registered for the World Languages assessment
- candidates using American Sign Language (ASL) in a classroom setting with students who are deaf or hard of hearing
For all other candidates who are not in a Bilingual Authorization placement, any evidence in a language other than English must be accompanied by a translation.