Overview: Cathedral Catholic High School teachers prepare students for life after high school by teaching them the knowledge and skills they will need to be successful in college and the workforce.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of teaching, people skills, and communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree is required, and a teaching credential is preferred (note: if someone is hired without a teaching credential, they will be expected to earn a teaching credential within 3 years). Religion teachers are required to be practicing and knowledgeable Catholics and must have at least a bachelor’s degree in theology.
Who You Are:
- A practicing Catholic or a person that can embrace a position within a faith-filled environment
- Exceptional emotional intelligence. You can recognize your own emotions and regulate them. You can read the emotions of others and respond in a way that honors where the person is to support a positive interaction.
- A reflective learner. You are self-aware and seek to learn and refine your skillset, so you are eager for feedback.
- A servant leader. You are a leader that encourages diversity of thought, promotes building a culture of collaboration and trust, and fosters leadership in others.
Please email the Department Chairperson, Dr. Melissa Williams @ email@example.com, the following:
- Pre-Application Statement (signed)
- Cover letter expressing interest in teaching at Cathedral Catholic High School
- Updated resume
- College/University transcripts (unofficial are acceptable for the interview process, but official transcripts will be required if offered employment
- Letters of recommendation and contact information for three references (2 professional and 1 clergy member)