Alumni endowed and class legacy scholarships are created by alumni and students who want to support current and future students. These scholarships are made up of thousands of personally meaningful gifts from alumni & student donors. Alumni continue to enrich the student experience by supporting YOU – students actively involved in the USD community.
The next application window is open from December 7, 2022 until February 20, 2023.
Comite Mexico, Black, FUSO, Latino, and Native Alumni Network Scholarships opened on August 31, 2022 and will clossed October 17, 2022. The next round of Alumni scholarships opens on December 7, 2022 and will close on February 20, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
WHAT ARE THE ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIPS?
Nine scholarship programs are currently administered by USD Alumni Association: Alumni Endowed, Black Alumni Network, Daniel L. Burkett Memorial, Comité México, FUSO Alumni Network, Kyle O’Connell Memorial, Latino Alumni Network, Native Alumni Network, Senior Class Legacy, Therese Whitcomb scholarships. Please note the application process above.
- Approximately 30-35 awards are given annually to current and returning USD students.
- Financial awards can range from $500 to $7000 and average $2000.
- Recipients for the Black, Latino and Native Alumni Scholarships will be notified no later than January 21, 2023 and awarded for the Spring 2023 semester. Recipients for the rest of the Alumni Scholarships will be notified by no later than August 15, 2023, and awarded for academic year 2023–2024.
- Contact Alumni Relations at (619) 260-4819; email@example.com if you have questions.
IMPORTANT TIPS & REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLYING
- Each scholarship requires an individual essay response. Write essays before starting application.
- Do not include your or any person’s full name in your essay. If you do so, your application will be marked ineligible.
- Prepare to list at least one campus activity (employment, student clubs, orgs or committees, Greek affiliation, sports, athletics) and one community service/employment you participate in while attending USD.
- Please be sure to write the full name of the organization before using acronyms.
- Each application should take 20 – 30 minutes.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE POLICY FOR ALUMNI & CLASS LEGACY SCHOLARSHIPS
Students who take an official LOA will not get their scholarship funds awarded when they return to USD. The funds must be used in the year the recipient was selected and will not carry over upon return. Furthermore, students who withdraw will not receive funds when/if they return to USD.
- Alumni Endowed Scholarship
- Black Alumni Network Scholarship
- Comité México Scholarship
- Danny Burkett ’06 Memorial Scholarship
- FUSO Alumni Network Scholarship
- Kyle O’Connell Memorial Scholarship
- Latino Alumni Network Scholarship
- Native Alumni Network Scholarship
- Senior Class Legacy Scholarship
- Therese Whitcomb ’53 Scholarship