Introduction [Partington]

My name is Christine Partington, and I was born on June 17th, 2000 in Berkeley California. I have lived in the Bay Area for the majority of my life excluding a year I spent living in Madrid. Before coming to USD this year I spent the past five years living in downtown San Francisco with my older sister, Katie, and my mother, Sue. My sister is currently a sophomore at Harvey Mudd College studying engineering and my mother works for Abbott Diabetes Care in Alameda, California. My mother, born in Oakland, was raised with five other siblings. She grew up constantly playing and watching sports through the inspiration of her father who was a basketball coach. My father, Larry Partington, was born in a small town in southern Illinois where he grew up working for his families furniture store. He went on to study accounting which lead him to a job working in San Francisco where he met my mother. Sports have always been a huge part of my life. Throughout my childhood I played many sports including soccer, basketball, volleyball, baseball, gymnastics, and swimming. I am involved with intramural volleyball, and am currently taking yoga and surf classes at USD. I am excited to be a freshman at USD currrently planning on majoring in either finance or accounting. I enjoy spending my time hanging out with friends and family, traveling, going on hikes, exercising, cooking, and making kombucha. I currently live in Maher with three roommates from both the east coast and west coast. As a dorm, we constantly explore San Diego and have tried to learn as much about USD and the San Diego area during the fall semester.