Introduction [Raboutou]

My name is Brooke Raboutou and I am a freshman at USD. My home town is Boulder, Colorado which is where I was born and raised. Boulder is one of my favorite places, but I moved away for college to experience something different and learn to live on my own. I am loving USD so far and although I miss home, I am enjoying the independence that comes along with being a college student from out of state. I am currently undeclared, but I’m thinking of majoring in business and possibly minoring in psychology. I am a rock climber and I compete internationally where I get to travel the world doing what I love. Climbing is a huge part of my life, as my entire family does it. My brother Shawn is 20 years old and one of my favorite people to climb and travel with. My parents are very supporting and they climb as well. Both my mother and father were professional climbers when they were younger which is how I got introduced to the sport. As I mentioned, traveling is one of my favorite things to do. It gives me the opportunity to experience different cultures and see the different ways people interact in different countries. My Dad was born and grew up in France which makes me half french and able to speak french fluently. Every summer I go to France to visit my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. I am very fortunate to be able to do what I love and be as happy as I am.