Introduction [Rivas]

Hello, my name is Bryanna Rivas and I am from Reedley, California–a small town about 25 minutes south of Fresno. I have found Fresno to be one of the most convenient places in California to live because of its central location. It is about the same distance from all major cities north or south, and incredible national parks are just a stone’s throw away. I love that Fresno has a small town feel, however I would someday like to live in Los Angeles and right now I am loving life in San Diego!

I have two sisters, one older and one younger, with me as the middle child. My family loves pets, currently we have three rabbits, a turtle and a cat. My dad is an elementary school teacher, so I have grown up with a passion for learning and a formative understanding of the importance of education. Community service is incredibly important to me and is something I try to incorporate into my lifestyle. In particular, volunteering with children through education is a passion of mine.

I plan to double major in Philosophy and English as well as earn a Nonprofit Leadership Certificate through USD’s School of Leadership Studies. After graduating from USD, I hope to continue my education by earning a J.D.–possibly specializing in nonprofit and charitable organization law or entertainment law. I can think of many careers that I would enjoy, and that is exactly why I don’t know precisely what I want to do. I can only see where my next three years at USD takes me!