Introduction [Morris]

Hello all! My name is Kate Morris. I am a freshman at USD and I look forward to majoring in International Business. I also want to minor in French. On campus I am involved in the Outdoor Adventures program, Residence Hall Council, Student International Business Council, and, most recently, Pi Beta Phi sorority. I am from the northern suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. I have one older sister at Boston College and one younger brother who is a sophomore in high school. We have a dog named CoCo. She is a cockapoo and she is 10 years old. I want to study abroad while I am at USD. Ideally, I would like to study in France where I can become fluent in French and travel to many other countries in Europe. If I received the opportunity, I would also like to participate in Second Year Experience and travel to New Zealand. Over winter break I relaxed with my family and watched a lot of Netflix. We also took a short ski trip to Wisconsin. Prior to coming to USD, I worked as a camp counselor in Wisconsin. It was one of the most challenging, yet most rewarding jobs I’ve ever done. It was an outdoors camp, so we took about five girls at a time out on 2-3 day canoeing trips. My first semester at USD was very fun because I liked getting to meet new people and explore around San Diego. My favorite place so far is probably Sunset Cliffs because I love being to close to the ocean and, of course, watching the sun set.