Introduction [Uluc]

Hello Everyone, My name is Derin Uluc and this is my self introduction. To begin with, I was born on July 3rd, 2000 in Istanbul, Turkey. I lived in Turkey up until the age of four when my mother decided she wanted a change of scenery. She moved us across the globe to San Diego, and well, here I am.  

I have three siblings who are not fully related to myself or eachother. My (family) home is only 35 minutes away from school so I have not necessarily gotten “home sick”. I love the color pink and my favorite food is Pizza. I know how to speak in Turkish but I can’t read or write it. My hobbies include: shopping, going to the beach, finding good vegan restaurants (because i’m vegan), doing my makeup for hours (sometimes), taking naps, watching netflix shows, drinking insane amounts of coffee, and writing run on sentences.  

In the future I plan on graduating from the University of San Diego and going to Optometry school. I recently discovered how much I love being able to help others see the world to the best of their ability because I am working as an Optician alongside Doctors who inspire me everyday to pursue my goals. I do not currently know what I want to major in but I’m leaning towards psychology. I absolutely love this school and I am so thrilled to be living on campus. I look forward to meeting everyone in class and getting to know you all better.