Introduction [Bose]

My name is Emma Bose and I am from San Jose, California which sits in the South Bay Area. In my family I have an older brother named Guillaume, a younger brother named James, my mom named Corinne, and my dad named William. I am half French and half American, and although my mom grew up and lived in France for half of her life, I am not fluent in French.

Growing up I played a lot of sports including basketball, volleyball, softball, tennis, track, and soccer. My main sport is soccer, however in high school I branched out and tried tennis and track as well. These three sports consumed a lot of my high school life and through this I was able to learn how to handle my work load and social life.

On top of sports, I love to do art. Painting, drawing, and photography are an outlet for me to relax and be completely stress-free. One of my favorite places to go to paint is Petroglyph or Color Me Mine where my friends and I would spend hours in there painting plates, pots, or mini sculptures.

Lastly, I love to travel. Although I have not been to many places, all the locations I have visited have had such an impact on my life. One of the most memorable trips was an immersion trip to Navajo Nation located in Northern Arizona near the Grand Canyon. On this trip, a couple of classmates and I immersed ourselves in the Native American culture where we learned the Navajo traditions.

Ultimately, I love the warm weather and going to the beach. This was the main reason for me to apply to USD, and once I researched the school more, I realized that this school was a perfect match for me.