Introduction [Churness]

I am Alexander Kinjiro Churness and I was born and raised in San Diego, California. I am eighteen years old and the youngest child of three. I have a twenty-two year old brother and a twenty-three year old sister and we are all very close. My mom was born in Japan and moved to San Diego to attend college at SDSU where she met and fell in love with my dad. I am half Japanese and half white, and I can speak some Japanese and understand a lot.  I love to travel to experience different cultures and explore new things. My most memorable trip is when I went with my closest friends to visit a friend in Ireland this past St. Patrick’s Day.

I chose to attend the University of San Diego because of the amazing education, the small class sizes, and most of all, staying in San Diego. I am on the men’s soccer team at USD which also played a huge role in my decision to come here. I have been playing soccer since I was six years old and it is my favorite thing to do. I grew up playing football, soccer, baseball, basketball, and golf, but soccer was the one that stood out to me the most. Playing sports has always been a part of my life as I love being active. If I am not outside doing something active, I am probably inside playing video games with my friends. Sometimes I can get quite lazy and end up playing xbox for hours. I am looking forward to these next four years at USD and I can’t wait to work hard in the classroom and on the soccer field.