Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitoring
Respondus develops assessment applications for the education, training and certification markets. Each year over 100 million assessments are created, delivered, proctored or analyzed using Respondus technology.
Respondus is an education company at its core, with a deep understanding of online testing. For 20 years, Respondus has partnered with universities, K-12 districts, and other education companies to develop world-class educational technologies. We invite you to learn more about our people and mission.
The Lockdown Browser
- Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized
- Browser menu and toolbar options are removed, except for Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop
- Prevents access to other applications including messaging, screen-sharing, virtual machines, and remote desktops
- Printing and screen capture functions are disabled
- Copying and pasting anything to or from an assessment is prevented
- Right-click menu options, function keys, keyboard shortcuts and task switching are disabled
- An assessment cannot be exited until the student submits it for grading
- Assessments that are set up for use with LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with other browsers
Monitoring and Proctoring
- Builds upon LockDown BrowserLockDown Browser is the “gold standard” for locking down a student’s computer or iPad during an online exam. That’s why 1500 universities rely on it to prevent cheating on 80 million exams each year. Respondus Monitor builds upon the LockDown Browser technology to ensure the computing device isn’t used to cheat during a non-proctored exam.
- Integrates Seamlessly with your LMS Respondus Monitor integrates seamlessly with Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, Brightspace, and Schoology. Students access exams within the LMS as they normally would. Instructors do everything within the LMS too, including the post-exam review of proctoring results.
- “Auto-Launches” from any Browser After a quick one-time installation, Respondus Monitor will auto-launch from the student’s browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE) whenever the exam settings require it. Students are then guided through a pre-exam sequence, including a webcam check. Students love the auto-launch capability, which is now available for most learning systems.
- No Scheduling or Registration Exams can be taken with Respondus Monitor without advanced scheduling and without additional registration by the student.