Frankenstein Feedback [Flores]

I read Sprosty’s essay, and the quality of it was overall good with only a few mistakes. He clearly stated his stance on the topic within the first paragraph. He had chosen that Frankenstein’s gravest mistake was abandoning the creature and giving up all responsibility. This gave me a clear roadmap of what the essay will entail and ensured I would not get lost.

One of the few mistakes made in the essay is the lack of proper citation. There was no author name nor page number following each quote. However it is an easy mistake to rectify, much like the sporadic syntactical errors scattered throughout the essay. The abundance of quotes that Sprosty used was welcomed, as it gave me, the reader, more insight into why the creature turned into such a horrible monster. I also appreciated that he went through each quote and analyzed it well, whether it be from Shelley to Joy to Oppenheimer. By including quotes from Joy and Oppenheimer, Sprosty was able to connect her story into our modern times. The parallelism that is drawn here serves as a great reminder to follow in the footsteps of Victor Frankenstein.

I thought the concluding paragraph brought the essay together nicely and was well done. It brings together all the points brought forward in the essay and connects it to his belief that Frankenstein’s biggest mistake was to abandon his creation. By acting as a conclusion and a cautionary tale it creates an impactful ending for the reader.