Introduction [Sprosty]

Hello my name is Ryan Sprosty and I am an eighteen-year-old from Orange County, California.  I went to a rather large public high school in Irvine, California with a graduating class of around seven hundred students.  In high school, I was on the basketball team and was apart of multiple volunteer organizations.

I chose to attend USD because of the strong business school and the unbelievable location.  As a Southern California native, leaving the year round sunshine and nearby beaches was not in my interest.  Being the only student from my high school attending USD,  I am excited to meet new people.  I plan on majoring in business, but I do not know which concentration I want to study.  Living in Missions A has been incredible and I am excited for what USD has to offer.

In my free time I enjoy exercising, playing basketball, and going to the beach with my friends.  I also enjoy working with the homeless and hope to decrease the amount of homelessness here in San Diego.  Where I’m from there is a large homeless population and I’ve always wanted to help these people get back on their feet.  At USD, I want to volunteer at local shelters and join clubs focussed on helping those in need.

Over the summer, I traveled to Phum O village in Cambodia to help build a basketball court at a local school.  This was a huge moment in my life and made me appreciate all of the opportunities I have been given.  I am planning on using this experience to inspire me to join clubs that help the community.  I am excited to be attending the University of San Diego and cannot wait to see what is to come.