- Showcase academic and professional accomplishments.
- Showcase experience with skills and qualities that can be applied to practicum.
- Information should be relevant, concise, and up-to-date.
- Lively, action-oriented words that reflect applicant’s unique personality and
- Standard, readable font 10- to 12-point Arial or Times New Roman font.
- Margins 0.5 to 1 inch
- Limit resume to 1 to 2 pages
- PROOF READ, PROOF READ
- Contact Info included
- Active Student in USD Counseling or MFT program
Preparing for an Interview
- Analyze the job
- Visit site website and review the organization’s mission and vision statements.
- Highlight keywords and/or transferable skills in the job position description (consider what the site is seeking in a candidate).
- Practice interviewing
- practice answering potential interview questions.
- Film yourself when answering practice questions to pick up on any nervous tics or behaviors you may be unaware of!
- What to bring
- Portfolio with extra copies of your resume,
- List of questions to ask the interviewer, and something to write with
- What Not to bring
- Your cellphone (put on do not disturb), coffee, gum, anything beyond yourself and your credentials.
- Check the address and location of your interview and plan accordingly (Google Maps has a reminder feature that sends you a notification on when to leave on time depending on traffic conditions).