We are kicking off National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week here at USD and reminding everyone that there are so many fun things you can do that don’t revolve around alcohol. With Halloween approaching we wanted to share some fun things happening on campus and in San Diego that are free or relatively cheap to attend! CHWP interns have compiled a list below of activities and ideas that you can enjoy this upcoming week. Grab your costume and trick-or-treat bag because these are sure to get you in the Halloween spirit!
Hosted by USD
Thursday, October 25th:
Pumpkin Carving Party with ISO at the UFMC
- 12:30 pm – 2 pm, SLP 310
- Pumpkins and lunch provided!
Women’s Soccer vs. Santa Clara
- Torero Stadium, 7:00pm – 9:00pm
STEP (Second-year Torero Experience Program) Spooktacular
- Palomar Gathering Space, 8:30pm – 10:00pm
- Cookie decorating & ice scream!
*Residential Students: Check with your RA for floor-specific programming!
Friday, October 26:
- A mile long trail through a twisted grove of pines and gnarled oaks in Balboa Park. Watch your back, you never know which way the ghoulish will appear from!
- On Friday, October 26, Torero Program Board is providing undergraduate students $10 tickets to Haunted Trails! More Info
Men’s Soccer vs. St. Mary’s
Torero Stadium 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Monday, October 29:
- Join the Torero Wellness Peer Educators for Trivia Night! Trivia & treats to be enjoyed by all!
- UC Forum A, 7:30 – 9:30pm
In the Community
- Free trick-or-treating (6:30–7:30 p.m.), Zombie Laser Tag, pumpkin painting, live performances, costume contests, and more.
- Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in October, as well as Halloween night!
- 5:00 p.m. to close
- Free to enter, though some activities have additional costs. More Info
- 6710 La Jolla Blvd San Diego, CA 92037
- Photo booth, the spooky maze and more
- Oct 5 – Oct 31, 2018, 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM (Fridays-Sundays until 9:00 PM)
- $1 per ticket
- More Info
- Halloween dance parties & special live shows
- October 28 & 29
- Trick-or-Treat hours: 12:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m. (included with park admission)
- More Info
- 424 Market Street San Diego, Ca 92101
- A haunted house with creepy dolls, a clown subway, a Zombie infested alley and many more terrifying things!
- Now through October 31, open evenings: times vary by day but open 6:00 p.m.–1:00 a.m. on Friday and Saturday nights.
- General admission is $20 (cash only at the door), $10 extra for a fastpass upgrade
- More Info
- Through Morley Field/edge of Balboa Park, the cultural heart of San Diego. Prizes will be awarded for best time (by distance, by age group and costume categories) as well as best costume. Pumpkin decorating and a Pumpkin sprint are also part of the fun activities.
- October 28, 9:00am – 11:00am
- Register/More Info
- OB Playhouse, 4944 Newport Ave., San Diego
- Performed live and complete with audience participation, props and callouts, the quintessential cult theatrical experience “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” opens this Oct. 12 at the OB Playhouse! Join us for a very special Halloween night performance and costume contest. Attend the show dressed in your costumes for a chance to win Season Pass Subscriptions!
- Ongoing from October 12 until October 28, 2018
- $28 – $42
- Buy Tickets
More Ideas for Getting Into the Halloween Spirit:
Make Festive Desserts
Carve a Pumpkin
- Pick up a pumpkin from a local patch or grocery store
- Check out this How-To Video
Have a Movie Marathon
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- The Conjuring
- Harry Potter
DIY Halloween Decorations
HAVE A FUN AND SAFE HALLOWEEN!