Graduate Student Employee- Job Description
The School of Leadership and Education Sciences (SOLES) is seeking a qualified
graduate student to assist with reception area support and administrative tasks
during the 2019-2020 academic year.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Graduate Student Employee will work primarily at the SOLES reception area
while assisting other programs/departments as needed. This role requires excellent computer skills and experience using the Microsoft Office Suite as well as creative software. A strong attention to organization and detail is essential. The Graduate Student Employee must also possess the ability to work with other staff members as a part of a team. Strong verbal and written communication skills are also essential.
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
2. Experience working in an office setting preferred
3. Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to use
discretion when working with confidential materials.
4. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point,
5. Some marketing experience is preferred.
6. Must be a currently enrolled Graduate student.
7. Must be available to work shifts of a minimum stretch of 3 uninterrupted
hours (10 total hours per week).
Special Conditions of Employment:
Confidentiality is essential with respect to student files/information, e-mail
messages, student and University correspondence, phone calls, memos, and other
information pertaining to the SOLES and the University of San Diego.
Application Procedure: For consideration, please submit a brief letter of
introduction and resume to Melissa Mitcham via email
(email@example.com) by February 7, 2019.