LGBTQ on Campus is a 30-45 minute, online, interactive training program designed to help students, faculty, and staff learn to create a safer and more supportive space for LGBTQ students on campus. This includes how to respond when someone makes a biased comment or expresses prejudiced ideology; how to be supportive when someone comes out as LGBTQ; how to recognize warning signs and connect students who may be in psychological distress with school support services.
Follow the steps below to create a new Kognito account or log back into a previously made account.
- Log into the Kognito platform.
- When logging in for the first time, click on the orange “Create a New Account” link.
- Create your New Account using your sandiego.edu email address. When asked for your enrollment key, use one of the following:
- For Students: sandiego8115
- For Faculty or Staff: sandiego875
- Select “Next Step”.
- On the next several screens, complete the demographic questions.
- Read the Terms and Conditions and check “I agree to the Terms and Conditions.” Then select “done.”
- At the top of the screen, choose the course titled LGBTQ on Campus (for Faculty & Staff or Students) and select “Launch” to begin the training and complete the pre-survey. The training will begin and will take approximately 30 to 45 minutes to complete. If at any time you need to pause and return to the course, you can exit and log back into your course using the user account you created.
- Once you have completed the training, please complete the post-survey.
- If you are a student who has already completed the “LGBTQ On Campus” course and are required to complete the course again, please follow the steps below:
- Log in using your sandiego.edu email address and password that you previously created for the Kognito platform.
- Select the “LGBTQ on Campus for Students” icon and select “Need to Recertify?”. This will reset the course and allow you to start the course again from the beginning. Once you’ve completed it, you’ll receive a new certificate of completion and your previous certificate will still be available.
- If you previously took the “LGBTQ on Campus for Students” course and would prefer to take the “LGBTQ on Campus for Faculty and Staff” course (instead of re-certifying), click on the “LGBTQ on Campus for Faculty and Staff” icon and select “Enroll”. Enter the Faculty/Staff Enrollment Key: sandiego875. Select “Launch” to begin.
- If you have trouble creating your account or logging in, check to make sure you have enabled pop-ups in your browser settings. If you still have trouble, try using a different web browser. For further technical assistance, please call Kognito at (212) 675-9234 between 6:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance outside of these hours.