Kognito: At-Risk is a 30-45 minute, online, interactive gatekeeper training program to learn the common signs of psychological distress and how best to approach an at-risk student for referral to the Counseling Center. USD community members have access to one of the following two courses based on their role:
- Kognito: At-Risk Mental Health for Faculty and Staff
- Kognito: At-Risk Mental Health for Students
Directions for accessing the Kognito platform and completing the “At Risk Mental Health” course:
- Log into the Kognito platform using your USD single-sign-on information at the following address: http://sandiego.kognito.com/
- You will be directed to USD sign-on page. Once you have logged on and completed the Duo security authentication, you should see the “At-Risk Mental Health” course you have access to depending on your role as a faculty/staff member or student.
- Select “Launch” to begin the training and complete the pre-course survey. The training will begin and will take approximately 30 to 45 minutes to complete. If at any time you need to pause and return to the course, you can exit and log back into your course using the user account you created.
- Read the Terms and Conditions and check “I agree to the Terms and Conditions.” Then select “done.”
- Once you have completed the training, please complete the post-survey.
- If you have trouble logging in, check to make sure you using your accurate USD single-sign-on username and password. If you still have trouble, try using a different web browser. For further technical assistance, please call Kognito at (212) 675-9234 between 6:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. or email email@example.com for assistance outside of these hours.
- If you have any USD-related questions that the course brings up, please email them to the Center for Health and Wellness Promotion at firstname.lastname@example.org.