The University of San Diego's Catholic identity, with its grounding in Catholic Social Thought and its emphasis on educating ethical citizens, provides unique opportunities for exploring the social, economic, and environmental aspects of sustainability. The university is building environmental consciousness on the USD campus, its extended family, and the community. USD is committed to promoting sustainable lifestyles; expanding curricular and scholarship development on sustainability and climate change; and creating a green campus through facilities, operations, and business practices.
"Be Blue, Go Green!"
- Water Bottle Display outside UC March 17-21; stop by the display to learn about water usage and conservation
- Changemaker Challenge: Inside USD Food Tour; In partnership with Dining Services March 18
- Speaker Event with Jeffrey Masson on his book “Beasts: What Animals Can Tell Us About the Origins of Good & Evil” Tuesday, March 18 7-9pm IPJ Theater
- Changemaker Challenge: USD Chopped Cooking Competition; In partnership with Dining Services March 20 12-2pm
- Community Garden Event: Communitree Gardens with speaker Eric Saline March 20 12:30pm Community Garden behind Missions Crossroads
- BBGG Meeting Tuesday March 18th 1:15-2:15 CASA lounge
- March is Water Month! Check out tips on how to conserve water!
- Need a quick tune-up? Outdoor Adventures is now offering free bike maintenance assistance. Stop by UC 136 Thursdays and Fridays 1:30-5pm!