Proficiencies related to diversity that candidates are expected to develop.
The Professional Education Unit supports three major candidate outcomes that reflect the mission and vision of the unit. These are summarized in a framework that is referred to as ACE. Outcome III of ACE, which is the one that addresses diversity, is “Ethics, Values, and Diversity: Candidates in the unit will understand and adhere to the values and ethical codes of the university, of the schools they work in, and of the professional organizations to which they belong. They will support the creation of inclusive, unified, caring and democratic learning communities that value each individual regardless of background or ability, and they will equitably support student learning and optimal development.” Below are summarized by course the proficiencies that candidates are expected to develop in each program.
- Multiple Subject and Single Subject Credential Programs
- M.Ed. Special Education
- M.Ed. Special Education DHH
- Administrative Services Credential Program (ELDA)
- Core Courses for all Masters of Education Program
- M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction
- Masters Credential Cohort Program
- M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction, Montessori Specialization
- M.Ed. TESOL, Literacy, and Culture
- M.Ed. Mathematics, Science, and Technology
- M.A. Counseling, School Counseling Specialization (Pupil Personnel Credential)