Judging Criteria, Contest Start Date and Deadline, Contest Winners:
The caption contest will be judged based on 1) A clear message conveyed by the caption on the chosen theme and 2) creativity, originality and artistic quality. You may submit your entry starting on Monday October 10 2016. Deadline is October 28 2016 at 5pm pst. Must be a current USD Student, Faculty, and Staff. ID’s will be checked.
The graphic contest will be judged based on 1) A clear message conveyed by the graphic on the chosen theme and 2) creativity, originality and artistic quality.
Contest Legal Disclaimer and Requirements:
- The caption or graphic should not include or contain any copyrighted materials without the consent of the content owner. For additional information on copyright visit:http://www.copyrightkids.org/
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contestants may enter by 12:00 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 10, 2016. Entries which are not received by the above deadline and entries which The University of San Diego ITS deems in its sole discretion to be inappropriate, offensive, or otherwise unusable will not be considered. University of San Diego ITS is under no obligation to use any Entry or return Entries to participants.
- This contest is open only to current Students, Faculty, and Staff over the age of 18 Must have a valid USD ID to enter. USD contractors, USD ITS employees, affiliates and subsidiaries and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law.
- By submitting the caption or graphic, the participant(s) represent and warrant that they have permission or license to use the content contained in their caption, that they have authority to convey that license or permission to USD ITS and that they have not violated any law or University policy in producing the caption.
- All Entries become the property of University of San Diego. University of San Diego reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including Entries provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing, and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grant The University of San Diego the foregoing rights and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their Entry in order to grant such rights.
- By accepting a prize, a winner agrees to allow the University of San Diego and the ITS department and any other designees’ to use his/her name and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known without compensation and, upon request, will provide consent to such use in writing.
- Do not include identifying information (e.g., student’s full name, birthdates, social security numbers, or age) in the caption.
- Winners will be required to execute and return via email or in person a General Release form within 14 days of notification. Non-compliance with this requirement may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.