Instead of a final exam, you will complete a Scalar project of at least 2,000 words (approximately the length of a 5-page paper) on an academic topic agreed on in advance with the instructor. If you have not already done so, please make arrangements to meet with me this week (April 4-8) to discuss your proposed project topics. The project is due Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 11:59 PM PDT (during finals week).
Scalar has a number of affordances which you are expected to take advantage of in developing your project:
- The content of your project should be distributed over at least 3 pages
- Your project should have a table of contents
- There should be one or more paths through the pages
- Your project should incorporate media (images, video, audio)
- Your project should have notes (equivalent of footnotes)
If you have questions about using Scalar, you should consult the Scalar 2 User’s Guide .