The Commons is excited to announce that the application for Rainbow Educators 2021-2022 are now open! This team of students, faculty, and staff play an important role on campus advancing conversations around diversity equity, inclusion, and anti-racism.
We are looking for leaders who:
- Reflect upon the identities they hold and are mindful of issues of power and oppression
- Foster humanizing conversations and connections in the way they engage with members of our community
- Are committed to social justice and embody these values in their life and work
Rainbow Educators are a group of USD students, staff, alumni, and faculty who facilitate presentations and workshops at USD on identity and social justice to classes, student leader trainings, student organizations, and entire departments. Rainbow Educators are committed to holding themselves and others accountable for working against all forms of oppression. You can see the range of presentation topics here.
Team members often share how much they grow from serving as a Rainbow Educator. The program supports you in gaining greater self-awareness/understanding of identity as well confidence and experience facilitating learning for others. Apply today to join a program rooted in community, humility, healing, and fun!
RE Team Commitment
- Annual team training (Sept 10th & 11th 2021)
- Monthly meetings throughout fall and spring semesters
- Minimum 3 presentations per year
Apply by Wednesday April 7th. We will follow up with you about a brief interview with current RE members.