Faculty & Staff Training

Learn how to use Degree Works for advising students and running audits for approvals.

Student Training

Register for an upcoming training on how to use Degree Works.

Run a Degree Audit

See what courses you have completed

See your grades and current GPA

See what courses apply to your major/minor

See outstanding graduation requirements

Create Your Academic Plan

Explore requirements and courses for your major

Create possible academic plans and scenarios

Adjust your academic plan based on GPA and other variables

What-if Scenarios

See degree progress if you change majors

See what options you have if you completed certain courses

Foresee the effects of major and course decisions

Here are 2 Quick Tutorials on how to use Degree Works:


Is this replacing DARS/U.Achieve?

Yes .  There will be some overlap, however.  Students that are graduating in 2017 will continue to use DARS/U.Achieve as their Degree Audit system.  At the same time, students expecting to graduate after 2017 will be moved to the Degree Works application.

Can I use this for incoming Freshmen as a Preceptorial Faculty Member?

Yes, in all the ways you used to use DARS/U.Achieve, you can use Degree Works.

What if I am a graduate student - can I use Degree Works?

For all students working on a degree at USD, there will be a standard program plan to follow, along with the ability for you and your advisor to create a customized plan should that be required.

What if I am a graduate Program Coordinator?

Roles have been created to allow students, advisors, faculty, and coordinators to be able to have the appropriate access to perform all necessary job functions.

What if I notice my Degree Works audit is different than what my DARS/U.Achieve audit was?

It is possible that the Degree Works system will assign a course to complete a different requirement than DARS/U.Achieve did.  Do not worry, both systems are designed to use all course coursework in any way possible.  If you have specific concerns, please see your academic advisor for clarification.

Is Degree Works a transcript? Is my audit the same as my transcript?

No. Degree Works is an audit of your progress toward graduation, as well as an outline of requirements still needed to complete your program of study. Your transcript is your official academic record and provides a chronological list of courses completed and other academic information. You can view/request your unofficial/official transcript through MySanDiego portal.

Can I view course information in Degree Works?

Yes. By clicking on a course in your audit you can view the course description, pre-requisites required, and available course sections for the upcoming semester.

Why is Degree Works not displaying my concentration?

Degree Works will not display your concentration until you have declared it and your advisor or the Advising office has updated your Banner records.

I petitioned to waive/substitute a course. How will that course appear on Degree Works?

Your petition will be recorded after it is approved by your advisor, department chair, and, if necessary, dean. The course you completed will fulfill the requirement, and, in most cases, an additional line will appear under it that explains why the exception was entered. If you have a petition related to a transfer course, we will often make an adjustment to the course equivalency to ensure that it appears in the correct spot on your audit. In those cases, there may not be an explanation related to the change on your worksheet, but the course will be moved to the correct location.

I've seen the @ symbol in several places on my worksheet. What does that mean?

This is a wild card in Degree Works. If the @ sign appears with course numbers after it (i.e., @ 400), it means that you can take a 400 level course from any subject area. If it appears after a subject prefix (i.e., PSY @), it means that you can take any Psychology course.

Will putting courses in my planner change the way my audit looks?

No. Nothing entered on the Planner will affect your actual audit. You can, however, see how the courses you have entered in your planner will apply in your audit by checking the boxes next to the blocks that you wish to include (check all of the boxes to see how your audit will look if you complete your entire plan) and then clicking on Run a New Audit.

What is my Catalog Start Year?

Your catalog start year is the semester you begin to study a specific major.  Your catalog start year is displayed in the top block of your Worksheet Audit.

Note:  Currently a Worksheet Audit will be available for you if your Catalog Start Year is 2014-2016 or after.  If your Catalog Start Year is before 2014-2016, please contact with your academic advisor to see where your courses will fit in a particular Program of Study.

What do I need to do if I log into DARS and see ‘ERROR: No Student Found’?

If you are graduating after Fall 2017, you have been moved over to Degree Works. All you need to do is log into MySanDiego > MyAcademics > Registrar > Degree Audit and click on the link. This will take you directly to your personal Degree Audit view in Degree Works.

Contact Us

Main Campus Registrar

Phone: (619) 260-4600 x2888

Email: registrar@sandiego.edu

Law School Registrar

Phone: (619) 260-4526

Email: lawreg@sandiego.edu

Enterprise Technologies

Phone: (619) 260-7900

Email: bliss@sandiego.edu

One Stop

Phone: (619) 260-2700

Email: onestop@sandiego.edu