Friday, April 4, 2014, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., MRH (SOLES) 137
Judy Liu, Professor, Sociology; Chair, Theology and Religious Studies; and Faculty Liaison, Center for Community Service Learning
This two-hour session will offer valuable ideas, tools, and support for anyone who has begun to integrate a community service-learning component into their course or has been considering doing so. The session includes a 20-minute video followed by discussion.
Join us to learn more about:
- The key principles of service-learning—reflection and reciprocity
- The benefits of service-learning for both students and communities
- How to link activities to outcomes
- The different types of service-learning
- Examples of service learning from various disciplines
Supplemental resource materials will be available.
You can register for this session in one of three ways:
- Online http://www.sandiego.edu/cee/events/registration.php
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone (619) 260-7402