- This event has passed.
Sustainable Business Model Design #2
February 17, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$295
2 Seminars: February 10, 17
This seminar centers on the contributions that commerce, business and economic development can make toward building sustainable peace and prosperity. It explores issues such as globalization, corruption, corporate social responsibility, business strategy, extreme affordability business model design and sustainability as they enable or hinder the creation of wealth and social transformation, particularly for the 4 billion people living in poverty and duress. Through robust and sustainable business model design-oriented cases, methodologies and specific examples, participants will assess trade and business opportunities in the global economy that foster cross-cultural understandings that are economically profitable, socially responsible and ecologically sound. Participants will also examine the achievements and challenges of multi-sector collaborations seeking significant social and environmental impact.
- Identify ways in which business can promote peace and social value while being profitable
- Strategize and design a robust business model that includes objectives related to people, planet, profits, peace and prosperity
- Distinguish the managerial challenges of corporate social responsibility in a global context
- Identify the benefits and challenges of operating in an emerging market
- Assess new designs/paradigms to support sustainable enterprises and the role of business as a force and partner for penta-bottom line results: people, planet, profit, peace and prosperity
Total Seminar Hours: 6
Jaime Alonso Gómez has been a researcher and consultant for companies and/or institutions across five continents. He obtained his his bachelor’s degree at Monterrey Institute of Technology in Monterrey, Mexico, his master’s degree at the University of Waterloo in Waterloo, Canada, and his PhD at The Wharton School of The University of Pennsylvania. Additionally, he conducted post-graduate research work on quality management and engineering at the Association for Overseas Technical Scholarship in Tokyo, Japan.
Internationally, Gómez has taught executives from all the Americas, Europe, Africa, Far and Middle East and is a frequent guest speaker around the world. His areas of interest are global leadership and strategy, sustainable design, and international operations.
Currently, Gómez is Distinguished Professor of Strategy and International Business at the University of San Diego in California. Before this, for 20 years, he was National Dean of the Graduate Schools of Business Administration and Leadership (EGADE), Dean of the EGADE Mexico City, Dean of EGADE Monterrey and Associate Researcher at The USA-Mexico Center for Strategic Studies (Monterrey Tech, Monterrey, Mexico).