Nominations may be made for individuals who have demonstrated extraordinary leadership through their work either in education, special education, counseling, parent and child development or as an advocate for reform, and through these efforts have made a significant impact in San Diego and/or Imperial Counties. Nominees may be alive or deceased.
1. Nominees must meet the following criteria to be considered for the “Remarkable Leaders in Education” Honors.
- Acknowledged as having a distinctive vision for education that has resulted in one or more initiatives having significant positive impact in the region.
- Developed one or more initiatives that significantly changed educational practice in the region.
- Developed initiatives that resulted in a positive impact on students, schools, parents, school districts, and the community.
2. Nominations can be made in any of the following three areas:
- Leaders in PK-12 education
- Leaders in higher education
- Leaders from the community
Submission and Selection
Submission deadline: April 26, 2014
Nominations may only be submitted online.
Selection and Announcement
The next Remarkable Leaders event will be held in 2014. The committee will select one to five honorees for the Remarkable Leaders in Education 2014 honors. Finalists will be kept in a list for consideration in subsequent years.
The selection committee considers this to be a highly selective and generally confidential process. The committee thanks you in advance for your cooperation.