2015 Changemaker Student Committee
What is the CSC?
A group of passionate students from all over campus organizing and supporting a culture of changemaking on campus: an environment where everyone feels empowered to make a difference in their communities.
• Represents the voice of USD’s student body
• Sees changemaking as a practice and focus on co-creating a community with the entire campus
• Builds bridges between campus orgs, clubs, centers and institutes
• Strives to develop a stronger sense of belonging, a deeper collaboration between student entities and a stronger connection with each other
Examples of CSC initiatives:
• My Story events- focused on featuring and embracing USD’s diversity while creating an opportunity to practice empathy and build community
• Kill the Cup- Sustainable effort to encourage student body to use recyclable mugs and cups at the Aroma’s Coffee Shop
• The Years of Living Dangerously- screening of weekly episodes of dock-series focused on human impact on climate change
• Chopped- An annual cooking competition between various clubs and orgs on campus to build community and raise awareness on food and health related issues
• Changemaker FEST- annual celebration of our designation as a Changemaker Campus
Click HERE to fill out an interest form.
A team of committed CSC members leading the efforts and planning of CSC initiatives. The Taskforce creates collaborative environments, in which people are expected to work with others in flexible teams with shifting responsibilities.
• Changemaker Taskforce Chair -Madison Ryan
• Changemaking Director of Internal Affairs- Liz Alexander
• Changemaking Programming Coordinator (2) -Krissy Peck & Sam Eller
• Changemaking Marketing Coordinator – Open
• Changemaking Outreach Coordinator- Ameerah Beckom
• Social Innovation Consultant- Mike Mascetti
• Changemaker AS Student Senator- Mike Mascetti