Friday, February 21, 2014 from 2:00-3:00 p.m., MRH (SOLES) 135
Co-sponsored by the CAS Dean’s Advisory Council on Online Learning (ACOL)
This session continues the series of dialogues with CAS faculty to determine and address the key issues for the College with respect to online education. Professor Lazerow will present on USD rules regarding the intellectual property of online courses and Professor Bell on copyright laws. Ample time will be given for question and answer following their presentations.
Some of the faculty questions that prompted this session were:
- If I create – while under contract at USD – an online course that I teach at USD, who owns that material, USD or me?
- If a faculty member creates a course online, and teaches it regularly, what happens when he/she goes on sabbatical? Is his/her material given to another faculty member or adjunct to teach the class?
- If I leave the University, can I take the online class with me?
You can register for this session in one of three ways:
- Online http://www.sandiego.edu/cee/events/registration.php
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone (619) 260-7402