Brought to you by the United Front Multicultural Center & The Center for Educational Excellence
Tuesday, October 8 from 10:45 am – 12:30 pm in the Jenny Craig Pavilion Warren Hospitality Suite
Every year Campus Pride rates the 25 most LGBT-friendly colleges and universities. The 2013 list will be published in August/September in tandem with the Huffington Post, recognizing campuses that offer a diverse array of LGBT-inclusive policies, programs and practices.
Join our presenter, co-founder and executive director of Campus Pride, as he reviews 5 common strategies that these Top 25 campuses have in place. Take away recommendations that your institution can adapt and apply to improve campus climate and LGBTQ life within your campus community. You will also take away resources to help support the LGBTQ student experience andbuild more inclusive, friendly communities around LGBTQ issues.
- A review of Top 25 campuses and the five strategies they have in common.
- Successful strategies for offering and managing gender neutral campus housing.
- Reasons LGBTQ students give for leaving their institution and intentional strategies for retaining LGBTQ students.
- Campus policy and protocol considerations and their implications for LGBTQ students, staff and faculty.
- New innovative LGBTQ practices within higher education that recognize intersectionality of identities.
BONUS….Resources provided to help your institution build the LGBTQ student experience within your campus community.