Especially for New and Adjunct Faculty
Wednesday, January 16, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. in Degheri 120 Boardroom
All Faculty are invited to join us for this academic workshop
Whether you are rethinking your course from the ground up or just tinkering with an assignment or two, this is the workshop for you!! In a thoroughly hands-on session, we’ll help you explore your course ideas by:
- Crafting and tailoring your ideas and expectations to assignments and assessments.
- Developing new solutions for the “usual” outcomes of critical thinking, writing, information literacy, and others.
- Improving the connection between your assignments and your grades.
- Examining your course fit with the learning outcomes of your department.
- Constructing a syllabus that moves beyond the basics to establish a climate of interest for your students.
Using key models of course design and tested assignment solutions, Dr. Carole Huston, Associate Dean for the College of Arts and Sciences; Dr. Sandra Sgoutas-Emch, CEE Director; and Marcelle Darby, CEE Assistant Director will facilitate this session to help you with your course questions. Bring any and all of your syllabi to work on as time permits; we’ll also be on hand to arrange future individual consultations. Click here for printable flyer.
A continental breakfast will be provided.